Opening: Lisa called to order the TAIS PTSO Executive meeting at 3:15pm on 7/26/19.
Present: Lisa Asche, Starlla Duran, Allyce Hargrove, Cypress Ashford, Marisa & Sara Hambleton, Principal Denise Dunwoody, Erica Roberts and Christina Rankin
Denise gave us an update on future school renovation and building improvements at TAIS. Surveyors and architects have been out looking at areas for possible upgrade. TD3, the architect and contractor will have an informational booth at TAIS curriculum night. The district is seeking parent and community input. An open public discussion will take place at a future time.
All staff and teacher positions, with the exception of Spanish are fulfilled. It’s going to be an exciting year!
Executive Board Business:
Action Items/Subcommittee Reports:
1) Welcome Back Breakfast for teachers on July 29th
A motion was made by Cypress to provide breakfast items for teachers and staff on July 29th. Lisa 2nd the motion. All approved. A volunteer list consisting of present PTSO members was made with each member committing to donate and deliver food/drink on the morning of July 29th.
2) 2019/2020 Budget Review, Amend and Adopt
We all received a copy of last years budget at time of meeting. The budget from the 2018/19 school year was received from previous PTSO the night before our July 26th meeting, so an audit could not be performed pre-meeting. Christina and Erica to do audit before next PTSO Executive meeting on August 20th. Cypress will also go over budget categories for possible consolidation of items.
After general review of budget file, we discussed various ideas on how to set the future budget after audit. Ideas to possibly reallocate adjust and simplify funding categories for Budget Cont. Easier tracking and viewing were given. Budget vote tabled until Executive meeting on August 20th.
3) PTSO Bylaws Amendments
Tabled - Marisa requested more time to discuss and review bylaws. A subcommittee will consist of Marisa, Cypress and Lisa. They will review the current standing bylaws. A Google doc will be created for subcommittee ides. All PTSO members will have access to the document for review and discussion.
4) Meet the Teacher
We will have a booth at Meet the Teacher on August 1st. Members chose times to man the PTSO table.
Sara Hambleton provided us with three samples of the art she created for new TAIS t-shirts. They were all awesome! We will have students vote on their favorite design and color on night of Meet the Teacher. Once the votes are in, we will have the most chosen design printed on t-shirts. Starlla motioned to pay Sarah for her hard work and great designs. Christina 2nd the motion. All agreed. Thank you, Sarah!
We discussed various ways to promote, engage and attract new PTSO members at Meet the Teacher. Student volunteers will walk around and gather email addresses of parents for PTSO Remind, student voting on new design for 2020 TAIS t-shirts, sale of TAIS vintage t-shirts and magnets, as well as, Tuft and Needle flyer distribution were main ideas for engagement.
5) Fundraising Nexus Projects and Events – 1st Semester
Membership Dues –
We will have a membership drive and discussed how much of drive proceeds we’d like to gift to teachers. Erica motioned to give 100% to teachers. Starlla 2nd motion and all agreed.
No to the Dough
No to the Dough will begin August 20th and run through October 4th. Promotional idea is to hand out flyers at pick up and drop off. Have student volunteers wear giant cookie gear while distributing.
Starlla motioned to give the student a gift card for a full week of volunteering. Erica 2nd the motion and all agreed.
Dutch Brothers –
Marisa made a motion to pursue partnering with Dutch Brother for fundraising. Starlla 2nd the motion. All agreed. “Drink Dutch - Sustain for Science” is general idea. This fundraiser would assist Science teachers with basic funds for field trips and/or science supplies. Erica completed Dutch Brothers fundraising application and would drop off post meeting.
Remaining Fundraising Projects for future discussion:
Tuft & Needle
Ironman, November 2019
Breakfast And Supper Club Dine-outs
December Cocoa Sales
6) Legacy Brick Project – On hold
7) Fall Parent/Teacher Mixer – Action Determine Date/Time and Place
Dates/times for the mixer were discussed and September 20th from 6:00 to 8:00 was chosen. Christina made a motion to move the event to above date and time. Erica 2nd the motion. All agreed. Quatiere was discussed as location.
8) Amazon Wish List for Teachers and Staples Give Back
Erica motioned to use Amazon Wish List for Teachers and Staples both as give back items for teachers. Starlla 2nd the motion. All agreed and were in favor.
Action to set up accounts and decide who monitors and distributes funding was not determined. We will discuss and decide at future Executive meeting.
PTSO dates for future meetings were rescheduled due to conflicting school events and schedule. Starlla motioned to move general meetings from November 19th to November 12th and May 19th to May 12th. Lisa 2nd motion to move meeting dates. All agreed. Meeting times unchanged.
Discussion Items/Future Items
1) 2019/2020 Budget set
2) Ongoing - Fundraising Nexus Projects and Events
Tuft & Needle, Haunted House, Ironman, November 2019, Breakfast And Supper Club Dine-outs, December Cocoa Sales
3) Haunted House
4) Garden Club
5) Other Clubs for 2019/20 school year
6) Local Grants
Adjournment: Lisa adjourned meeting at 5:56pm.
Meeting minutes by: Christina Rankin
Comments are closed.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.